Mommy Makeover Surgery San Diego
For many San Diego women, having children can result in significant changes to the shape of their breasts and body. These patients can benefit from a mommy makeover in which one surgery will address both areas. For the breasts, an augmentation, lift, or both can be performed in conjunction with a tummy tuck and liposuction.
When to Choose a Mommy Makeover
In a woman’s life journey, motherhood is perhaps one of the most important transformational experiences. For many, it is the essence of what it means to be female. For all of the challenges and difficulties that raising a child entails, nothing can compare to holding that beautiful baby in your arms and feeling its pure innocence, warmth, and wide-eyed wonderment.
Before and After Mommy Makeover
After childbirth, the abdominal muscles are stretched. The weight is often difficult to lose, and the breasts may droop or sag. Nowadays, women have the option to change that, and the Mommy Makeover is now a very popular option for mothers wishing to get back their pre-pregnancy looks.
Mommy Makeover Surgeries with Dr. Jaibaji
There are different ways to restore your pre-pregnancy appearance. Many women will need a combination of techniques or procedures. Most procedures can be performed in one surgery. These procedures include:
- Liposuction to reshape the body by removing fat deposits around the waist, hips, and flanks that were put on during pregnancy.
- Tummy Tuck to remove excess abdominal skin and fat and tighten the muscles. Liposuction alone does not get rid of the appearance of hanging abdominal skin, which is caused by the severe stretching of the stomach skin during pregnancy. Only a tummy tuck actually corrects the problem by tightening the lax abdominal skin and muscles.
- Breast Augmentation corrects breast volume reduction, which is common after pregnancy. Many women are surprised by the degree of “shrinkage” that they see in their breasts. Breast implants can easily replace the lost volume and restore shape.
- Breast Lift surgery corrects sagging and/or asymmetrical breasts. Breasts can become saggy and out of shape due to time, age, or gravity. Breast lift, with or without an implant, can restore the shape of the breasts.
- Breast Reduction can help when breasts become significantly enlarged because of hormonal changes during pregnancy. If the breasts are too large, they may become uncomfortable – even painful. Patients may complain of neck, back, or shoulder pain. Breast reduction surgery will remove the excess skin, fat, and breast tissue and restore nipple position.
Schedule a Mommy Makeover Consultation in our Coronado or La Mesa Office
Learn more about the mommy makeover at our San Diego and Coronado plastic surgery practices. Call or email us today to schedule a consultation for mommy makeover.